Just because the days are shorter doesn't mean your rides need to be shorter, too.
If you're riding on busy roads or dark paths, the right set of bike lights can make your early morning commute or after work trail ride a lot more enjoyable (and safe)!
Photo by Mike Cartier
Most cyclists tend to often ride after dark and before sunrise in the fall and winter months, making bike lights an essential piece of your kit.
Here are six of our favorite lights & taillight sets.
<<Shop all our light and taillight options here>>
1). Light & Motion Urban 350
The Urban 350 delivers a impressive 350 lumens in a super compact, lightweight body.
- Tool-free system is designed to be mounted on handlebar (included) or helmet (NOT included).
- High-1:30hrs/350 lumen
- Med-3hrs/150 lumen
- Low 6hrs/75 lumen
- Pulse-12hrs/75 lumen
<< Get it here for $49.95 >>
2). Cycgolite Dash 460 Headlight & Hotshot Micro 30 Taillight Set
The sleek Dash series is engineered for road cyclists, its highly efficient lens enables an extra wide, long range beam to maximize your line of sight.
- Both Dash 460 and Hotshot Micro 30 feature DayLightning and SteadyPulse modes as well as Enhanced Cycling Optics that cast an extra wide and long range beam compared to conventional lighting optics
- The Dash series uses a low profile flexible mount designed for most handlebars including aerobars. The Hotshot Micro taillight is equally as versatile, with the Versatite mount this compact light can be mounted on the seatstay or seatpost, including aero seatposts.
<< Get it herefor $77.95 >>
3). Sigma Buster 700
Featuring 700 lumens and 100 meters of light range, you won't need anything else for your next night ride.
- Equipped with a powerful CREE LED and has four light modes as well as a fade-in and fade-out feature.
- Power-2hrs/700 lumen
- Standard-4hrs/350 lumen
- Eco 8hrs/170 lumen
<< Get it here for $59.99 >>
4). CYGOLITE METRO PLUS 800 HEADLIGHT+ PRO 150 TAILLIGHT SET
Engineered with incredible night-piercing power, the Metro Plus headlight and Hotshot Pro taillight combo set delivers optimal coverage with exceptional brightness and clarity wherever the road goes.
- Not only limited to night, both units feature DayLightning mode to make riders stand out in broad daylight.
- 800 lumen headlight with nine modes, 150 lumen taillight with six modes, for use on mountains, roads, and commuting.
- Water-resistant design for all riding conditions
NOW ON SALE!
<< Get it here for $95.95 >>
5). Light & Motion Urban 1000
The Urban 1000 FC Trail contains one of the most powerful single LED lights available.
- 2.5 hour recharge time and darkened red side indicator lights to provide subtle side visibility on the trail or road.
- High-1hr/1000 lumen
- Med-3hrs/500 lumen
- Low 6hrs/250 lumen
- Pulse-12hrs/250 lumen
<< Get it here for $149.99 >>
6). Lezyne Deca Drive 1500i
The highest-performance LED cycling light from Lezyne delivering up to 1500 lumens with an Optimized Constant Lumens system which maintains steady lumen output throughout the battery cycle.
- Mounts securely to all standard bar shapes, including aero bars.
- Blast-2hrs/1000 lumens
- Enduro-3.5hrs/600 lumens
- Economy-10hrs/250 lumens
- Femto-148hrs/15 lumens flash
- Pulse-38hrs/150 lumens
- Overdrive-1.5hrs/1500 lumens
<< Get it here for $149.99 >>
7). Sigma Buster 2000
With 2,000 lumens, the Sigma Buster is a powerful cycling light for bikers wanting to see and be seen on night rides. It comes with a powerful battery pack and remote with glow-in-the-dark buttons.
- Comes with three different mounting brackets; helmet, handlebar, and GoPro mounts.
Seven light modes:
- Four solid light modes; 'eco' (300 lumens), 'standard' (600 lumens), 'power' (1,300 lumens), and 'high power' (2,000 lumens) enables riders to pace the burn time.
- Three flashing modes; 'flashing', 'pulsing', and 'SOS' makes riders more visible.
NOW ON SALE!!
<< Get it here for $269.99 >>