Torrent 30 and 45 are gear-swallowing, super-durable workhorse packs that will go nearly anywhere in any conditions. They have been used for canoeing and kayaking, rafting, sailing, day hiking, canyoning, mountaineering, all-weather overnight backpacking, caving, bikepacking, travel, commuting, multi-pitch rock climbing, ice climbing and a variety of professional outdoor uses. Along the way, they have been hauled, lowered, dropped, dragged, overloaded, soaked, frozen and just plain abused.
Torrent packs have enough of a suspension system to control a load and transfer it to the hips, but not so much so as to be cumbersome in tight spaces. Extremely durable, comfortable and versatile.
The pack body is built with 840-denier Oxford nylon to achieve its amazing durability. Welded seams and TPU film laminated fabric (10,000mm water column rating) ensure a completely waterproof main compartment and the roll-top closure (secured with either quick-closing small carabiners or a quick-release buckle) makes for a pack that will withstand a soaking. The roll-top also allows expansion of the pack’s capacity when overloading is necessary. A removable, adjustable strap extends over the top of the pack and is secured to the front daisy chain with EXPED’s Rapide Hook, compressing and stabilizing the load. This also allows items to be attached to the top of the pack, further extending Torrent’s carrying capacity. Three integrated and vertically oriented daisy chains, one on the back and one on each side, provide a multitude of attachment options for difficult-to-pack items such as trekking poles, fly rod cases, ice axes, tent poles, etc. A reflective EXPED logo increases visibility when biking or walking near traffic.
- High-frequency welded roll-top pack in a versatile design
- Ergonomically contoured shoulder straps with sliding sternum strap for custom fit and excellent load control
- Large top opening: simple packing and unpacking
- Minimalist design, lightweight yet durable
- Comfortable suspension system, ergonomic shoulder straps
- Removable padded hipbelt
- Stout frame sheet and segmented, breathable, quick-drying spacer-foam pads keep the load comfortable, under control and allow water to drain quickly
- Shoulder straps wrap pack base for superior load control
- Reflective print for high visibility (olive grey non-reflective)