To feel what’s happening below the surface is a breathtaking sensation. Isn’t it time to feel that for yourself? With the Contact Fly Rod by Thomas & Thomas, now you can. This rod has been highly regarded by professional anglers as one of the best rods available on the market today. T&T’s new Contact series nymph rods transfer every vibration from fly to fingertips, so the vast world of the water is literally in the palm of your hands. The Contact rod utilizes T&T’s proprietary StratoTherm resin, resulting in extremely lightweight and responsive rods that maintain superb durability and strength. This all comes with an unbelievable level of comfort, so you will feel great casting it even after the longest day of fishing.
Flexible but quick dampening rod tips nearly eliminate shock waves in the leader after each cast, allowing flies to track smoothly into the water, improving strike detection on immediate reaction bites. All Contact rods feature a strategic taper that generates positive hook-setting tension with minimal rod sweep, permitting anglers to effectively fish an increased range of rod positions and angles and cover more water with less wading. The Thomas & Thomas Contact Fly Rod perfectly marries sensitivity and fighting power into a rod that casts farther, has better reach, and is more accurate than anything you have tried before.
- Four piece multi-modulus graphite blank incorporating Thomas & Thomas’ latest proprietary composites and curing process, with stealth natural graphite finish.
- Titanium-frame ceramic stripping guide and single foot RECoil guides with subtle olive wraps.
- Small fighting butt and western grip of select Flor-grade cork
- Up-locking, black anodized aluminum reel seat and burled black ash spacer, with down-locking available by request.
- 1086-4 Model features wells grips with larger hardware and fighting butt.
- Includes aluminum rod tube with machined bar-stock aluminum collar and cap. Blue powder-coat with pewter Thomas & Thomas logo.