Fast Action | Freshwater | Saltwater
There’s been a recent rise in popularity when it comes to fly fishing for large, carnivorous fish. Musky, barracuda, pike, and roosterfish are all big, mean apex predators. Some are sight casting quarry, while others require hours of painstaking blind casting, and sometimes even then you won’t get the results you’re looking for. That is, unless you have the right tools. To chase and capture these big, mean fish, you need a powerful rod that can cast long distance effortlessly, handle bushy, air resistant flies, and put up with extreme punishment from the elements and from the fish itself.
Designed by Blane Chocklett with the hardcore angler in mind, the Esox series of predator rods utilizes our proprietary TiCr blank coating, which helps protect the rod from the occasional collision with a weighted fly or gunnel. We also included our proprietary Tactical Series guides, and when all of these features combine together, you get a rod that is as tough as the predators you’re chasing and more. The non glare chestnut colored blank features a modified full wells grip and an extended IGFA compliant fighting butt for picking up and casting large flies and heavy line.
The TFO Esox Fly Rod is a 4 piece rod that is made to handle bushy, air resistant flies. This rod was specifically made with the hardcore angler in mind, and with all the features necessary to take down even the most violent predator fish.
- TFO's TiCr blank coating heartily protects the rod from fly or fish gunnel collision
- Tactical guides won't break or pop out like ceramic counterparts
- Features a modified full wells grip and IGFA-compliant fighting butt
- Perfect for casting heavy lines and obtaining the alluring figure-eight casting motion
- Aluminum up locking reel seats with hook keeps ensure a secure reel and sleek finish to the rod