"The ideal backcountry axe should excel at its intended use and ideally provide additional versatility. In this case, the Kisa fits the bill for me. It has enough head weight for felling, bucking and even splitting small to medium logs but is light enough that it's not unreasonable to carry over distances when needed. The forged axe head holds an edge well and the poll is handy for driving in tent stakes." - Hults Bruk Ambassador Rick Spicer
The Hults Bruk Kisa is medium sized felling axe. This item has an axe head weight of 2 lbs and a handle length of 26 inches.
- The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
- The curved hickory handle is treated with linseed oil.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative elements. (Replacement sheaths are available) The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual.