When you buy a bike from Aventuron, not only will your bike ship for free, but you will receive a bike that is ready to ride out of the box.
We assemble and tune your bike, then repackage it to ship. When you receive your new bike it will be very easy to assemble. You will have to attach the front wheel, handlebar, seatpost and pedals. Most bikes do not include pedals, but we have an extensive pedal selection. We are a family-owned and operated business and look forward to having you as a customer.
The Pack Rat is designed around porteur-style racks and front-loading optimization, with a front cargo-specific design to eliminate steering issues. The fork features internal routing for generator hubs and rear frame dropouts to accommodate multiple drivetrain configurations. It’s an ideal choice for loaded commutes and bike trips with a lighter load, but also rides great when unloaded.
- Features 26" wheels, with room for tires up to 26 x 2.3
- Surly 8-pack rack included with complete bike
- 100% Surly 4130 Chromoly frame, main triangle is double-butted; 1-1/8" threadless brazed Chromoly fork
- Bosses front and rear for cantilever or linear-pull brakes, rack and fender eyelets at the dropouts, eyelets at the crown, and fully threaded through-blade fork eyelets for a front rack
- Semi-horizontal dropouts with a derailleur hanger for geared or singlespeed drivetrains and/or wheelbase adjustability
- Safety Hardware Included