WINSTON ENERGY FLY LINES. A true advancement.
Winston ENERGY fly lines were designed utilizing an entirely new scientific approach that enhances the energy transfer between the rod and line. By measuring the dynamic characteristics of fly rods at various flex points, we’ve applied an engineered system to precisely design lines that are ideal for each rod weight. The result is a series of lines that perfectly match the performance characteristics of today’s fly rods, cast and fish wonderfully, and provide anglers with optimized line control, accuracy and, most importantly, presentation.
- 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6-weight
- Hi-Vis Line with Stealth Camo Tip
- Supple Freshwater Core
- Slick, State-of-the Art Coating
- Printed Line Weight ID on Tip
- Welded Loops Front and Back
- Made in USA
- Suggested Retail Price – $99
– Winston ENERGY Trout fly lines are all two colors and feature a muted-color, low visibility high flotation stealth tip section of 10-feet to help avoid spooking fish when the line is in the air or on the water. Winston ENERGY Trout fly lines also feature high flotation tips for a better read and reference for the angler.
– Winston ENERGY fly line colors were chosen to look beautiful as well as for optimum performance. The muted putty-color 10-foot front tip section on the ENERGY Trout lines helps to avoid spooking fish when the line is in the air and on the water. For the fly line ‘belly’ and ‘running line,’ our bright Chartreuse Green color was chosen specifically to help anglers better see their line in the air and on the water which can help with casting performance and mending.
– All Winston ENERGY fly lines come with the line weight and fly line model marked clearly but subtly toward the front of the fly line to make sure the angler always knows which line is on the reel.
– Winston ENERGY lines use a state-of-the-art durable coating to enhance surface slickness. Especially when used together with the new Shooting Guides™ on Winston fly rods, these fly lines significantly reduce friction, resulting in incredible accuracy and optimal presentation of the fly line and fly.
– Winston ENERGY Trout fly lines feature a supple core designed specifically for freshwater environments. These supple cores are important to provide shock absorption, especially when fishing with small tippet, and are designed for colder and moderate freshwater temperatures
– All Winston ENERGY fly lines have durable welded front and back loops making it easy for the angler to quickly change leaders or to change out the entire fly line. For those who prefer not to use loops, they can be snipped off quickly and easily without affecting the fly line performance.